Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Show Low Lake County Park


What a great ride up to the pines. I absolutely love driving up to Payson & Show Low. On our way to Show Low it got dark faster than I expected so unfortunately the scenery became the dotted yellow line I needed to keep an eye on. However, it wasn't all bad...we had an Elk walk right in front of us. Yes I did slow it down to under 30 just as he was trotting on the shoulder off the highway. I forgot just how "BIG" they are. Oh and finding our spot in the dark was quite the experience so we decided to try harder to get there before night fall.


Took a stroll over to the lake to see what's up. Lots of folks like to fish from the shore but the only thing with that is they like to throw their fishing line on the ground and not pick up after themselves. After about 10 min. we decided not to hang around any longer for fear of fish hooks ending up in the dogs paws. Not a pretty thought. The weather was beautiful and still quite warm for my liking but the nights were perfect. I think next year we'll wait a couple more weeks for cooler weather.






On the way home we decided to stop at subway in Payson and grab some lunch. We ate in the TC just to extend the weekend a little longer. Wow, I just can't wait to really hit the road. I'm always sad when it's time to go home, lol.

All in all, it was a great little get away...

No comments: