Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On My Hook...

So I decided to start a Christmas present early.  My son has been going through some tough times and I thought it would be nice to have an afghan to snuggle down in when he needs a "hug" from mom.

On my hook right now is a Soft Navy/White Flannelghan.  This is made using two strands of yarn so it's extra thick!  I'm using Caron One Pounders with a N hook & dc stitch.


It's not quite finished as I have two more panels to complete and the edge.  I think he's going to really like it!

I've added this update to my side bar on the right side of my blog so everyone can see what is the latest project.  I still have the green blanket to finish for project linus but felt Andrew needed this first.

On Edit:  I got this pattern from RoseRed.  
You can see her blog here...


Thanks RoseRed...much appreciated!!!

3 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

I love this afghan Merri - I'm sure your son will love it. My best wishes for him. :)

Margie M. said...

None of that dc stitch and other stuff makes sense to me, I'm not a knitter or a crochet person....but I do know it sure looks pretty! Nice job.

Happytrails said...

That sure is nice looking!! I know your son will love it. How sweet!!

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)