Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Old dates added to the blog

Holy Smokes! Well FINALLY after much anguish I managed to consolidate all of my blogs into one here! So you will now see dates from 2008 & 2009 in my sidebar. Unfortunately there are dates missing (read GAPS) but that's o.k. because we weren't on the road so you didn't miss much, LOL!

Some of you folks have read my old blogs (sorry for the confusion) however some of you folks are new and may enjoy the pics.

So here's another something from my past...

All through the 70s I've had a fascination with bugs. NO not the creepy crawly kind!

The Volkswagen kind!

Then I saw the movie Footloose and I was hooked! Well it took a while to finally get one but once I did...the fleet grew!



This is our '66 ~ '58 ~ '65

Our son Andrew drove the '66, Steve drove the '58 Double Door Bus and I drove the '65 Willard! So how did Willard get his name you ask...Footloose! On the show Ren McCormack (Kevin Bacon) had a best friend named Willard (Christopher Penn) I think it just fit. Every morning when I'd climb in and turn the engine, my famous saying was
"Hello Willard"!



It's always fun to take pics of VW's. There's just something magical about them.


Unfortunately this is one of the few pics I have of Andrew in his bug.


This is how I rolled!

2 comments:

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

With that fleet, you guys must have permanent bruises from playing slug-bug every time you walk out the door ;)

owensontheroad said...

Haha, great post about the V-Dubs. When I was in high school, my best friend had one, we called it the bruised banana. Yellow with a black push-back sunroof. Loved it!